Do you have a due invoice? Sending a payment with Forwardly is simple and free.
|Alert: Forwardly is going through a major upgrade right now, and in the meantime, some payments will be processed as a free same-day ACH. Please contact support if you need any assistance with your payments.
How to send a payment if it's your first time using Forwardly and you received a payment request
|Reminder: If it's your first time using Forwardly, your first few payments may go through as a same-day ACH instead of an instant payment.
- Click the link in the payment request email.
- Add your first name, last name, and mobile number in the provided fields.
- Verify your mobile phone number with a One-Time Password (OTP).
- Add your banking details through one of two options:
- Connect instantly through Plaid
- Manual payment
- If you choose the Connect Instantly option, then sign in to Plaid, confirm your bank account details, and click on Pay Now.
- If you choose the Manual Payment option, then add your banking details and click on Pay Now.
|Tip: Want to track your payment? You are just a few steps away. Click on Create Forwardly Account, add your business details, and you're set to view your business payments dashboard.
How to send a payment if you already have a Forwardly account and received a payment request
- Log in to Forwardly.
- Navigate to the Payments menu item on the left navigation bar and select Bills.
- Find the payment in your Payment Requests list.
- Alternatively, check your in-app notifications for any payment requests; all approvers will be notified.
- Click the Pay Now button.
- Verify the payment details and confirm which bank account to send the money from.
- Click Send Payment.
- Enter the One-Time Password (OTP) sent to your verified mobile device.
- Confirm that the payment is now being processed.
- Click Track your Payment.
- Confirm the Payment Details.
- You will now be able to see the payment status under the Payments Made tab.
- Once your payment is delivered, easily sync your bill payment with your accounting software by clicking Link Bill under Sync Status.
How to initiate and send a bill payment without a payment request
Forwardly lets you initiate and pay your outstanding bills instantly in just a few easy steps. It's easy, straightforward, and won't cost you a thing, as sending payments is always free.
- On the sidebar, find the Payments section and select Bills.
- Click on the Outstanding Bills tab to see your due bills.
- Click on the Pay Now button beside the bill you want to pay.
- Verify the payment details and confirm which bank account to send the payment from.
- If no approvals are required for the payment, click on Pay Now.
- If you have Payment Manager access and approval is required, click on Submit for Approval button, and any/all approvers will receive in-app notifications.
- If you have Admin or Advisor access, then you can click on Pay Now. The payment will be processed immediately.
- As per any threshold limits the business has set up, all Approvers will be notified to review and approve the payment when the Bill Payment Request is received.
- Once the approvals are received, the last approver can initiate the payment, triggering a notification to all admins and advisors.
- Admins, advisors, and approvers are also notified if the payment fails.
|Reminder: If a user is not set as an approver for any threshold limit, they can’t make the payment unless they have Admin or Advisor permissions. If a user has Reviewer permissions, then they can't submit a bill for approval or send any payments.
How secure are payments made with Forwardly?
When you pay using Forwardly, we protect your payment information in the following ways:
- Data privacy: We encrypt your data to keep it secure. Vendors and suppliers can’t access your bank details.
- Mobile verification: We’ll text a one-time code to your mobile phone when you use Forwardly to make a payment.
- Security standards: We’re SOC2 Type 2 certified, which means we meet the highest level of certification available in the payments industry.