Sometimes, clients don't pay on the first request.
Forwardly sends multiple payment reminders automatically to remind your clients when your bills are due or overdue. However, many accounting systems have automatic payment reminders set within the platform. You may want to turn those off to avoid sending your clients unnecessary emails. Here's how:
Turn off Payment Reminders on QuickBooks Online
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Online account using your credentials.
- From the main dashboard, click on the Gear ⚙️ icon located in the top right corner of the page.
- In the drop-down menu, select Account and Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click on the Sales tab.
- Scroll down to the Reminders section and click on the pencil ✏️ icon to edit the settings.
- Make sure the checkbox next to Automatically remind customers of upcoming and overdue invoices isn't checked.
- Click Save and then Done to apply the changes.
Turn off Payment Reminders on Xero
- Log in to your Xero account using your credentials.
- From the main dashboard, click on the Business tab in the top navigation menu.
- In the Business menu, locate and click on the Settings option, usually represented by a gear icon.
- Look for the Invoice Settings section.
- Ensure the Email customers when an invoice is... checkbox is not checked.
- Save your changes to apply the settings.