Setting permissions for users plays a crucial role in upholding security and control within the Forwardly app. It's important to note that each user can only have one permission set. Follow these simple steps to efficiently manage user access and maintain a secure environment for your business's finances in Forwardly:
- Go to Business Settings.
- For other business users, click on the Business User section. For Accountant Team Members, go to the Team Members subsection under Business User.
- Select the specific user for whom you want to assign permissions.
- Choose from the following permission sets: Admin, Payment Manager, Reviewer, or Advisor. Advisor cannot be used for Team Members.
- After selecting the appropriate option for the desired permission set, click Save.
- Once your invited users accept the invitation, their control over the business in the app aligns with the permissions you've granted.
|Reminder: Beneficial Owners for a business are assigned Admin permissions by default, granting them full control.
Accountants have default Advisor permissions, providing access to features as listed below.
What does each permission level mean?
As a business owner or accountant, think of your payment approval system as a team effort, and you get to decide who plays what role. It's all about giving the right people the right level of control and responsibility. There are four types of access:
Admins: Admins have elevated permissions within the payment approval process. They have the authority to override the payment approval process and various settings, including threshold limits or the designated approvers for specific thresholds.
Payment Manager: Payment Managers may initiate payment approval requests, have the authority to approve if they are added as a selected threshold Approver, and provide the necessary user information.
Advisors: Advisors have permissions similar to Admins in terms of setting up or suggesting threshold limits and payment approval processes. Advisors can override the approval process and initiate the payment without the approval of selected approvers as per set threshold limits.
Reviewers: Reviewers can review business data, but cannot change settings or submit bills for approval.