Sometimes, paying the whole bill isn't in the cards. That's why Forwardly makes it simple to send partial payments instead of the full amount. Follow these steps when you have to send only a slice of what's owed.
- Navigate to the Payments menu item on the left navigation bar and select Bills.
- Find the payment in your Payment Requests list.
- Click the Pay Now button.
- Verify the payment details and confirm which bank account to send the money from.
- On the Finalize Payment screen, edit the Payment Amount to any amount less than or equal to the Balance Owed.
- For bills needing multiple approvals, the first approver can initiate and approve a partial payment. Others can only approve the original prefilled amount.
- Confirm the Payment Details.
- Click Send Payment.
- Once your partial payment is processed, you can put through the next payment. You won't be able to initiate before then.
|Reminder: Partial payments can't be automated or scheduled. Changing the total payment amount will disable the payment scheduling box and prevent requesting AutoPay authorization.